This blog has moved. Visit Groundswell Games for the latest. Remember to update your bookmarks and RSS feeds.

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Stone wall textures, a mountain adventure

I went to the North Carolina mountains this weekend with some friends and hit the obligatory Asheville-area attractions: Chimney Rock and the Biltmore House.

Despite suffering much ridicule from my wife, I managed to take a series of texture photos for the game. It's not often that I stand next to massive walls, so I couldn't pass up the opportunity.

Some work will be required to turn these photos into useful, tileable textures. The GIMP has a "make seamless" filter, but I haven't tried it yet. In the event that it doesn't work very well, I will resort to the time-honored tradition of using online tutorials.


1 comment:

  1. "Despite suffering much ridicule from my wife, I managed to take a series of texture photos for the game."

    Hah, make sure to remind her of this when you outsell WoW...

    And yes, that was "when," not if.

    ReplyDelete