This blog has moved. Visit Groundswell Games for the latest. Remember to update your bookmarks and RSS feeds.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Sound effects for the rest of us

I was trolling around a Mac game development forum today and discovered a post linking to a remarkable site called SoundSnap that showcases free sounds. I only clicked around for a few minutes, but the number of quality clips is truly remarkable.

My game has a long way to go before sound effects become a necessity, but sound has been a nagging issue for me, since it is a highly specialized part of game development, and I lack the equipment, money, time, and talent to record sound effects myself. This one site should give me a big nudge in the right direction.

Considering how many sounds are there now, I'm excited to see how many there will be when I'm really ready to dive in. Just think, now I'll be able to create that group of happy sea lions I always wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment