This blog has moved. Visit Groundswell Games for the latest. Remember to update your bookmarks and RSS feeds.

Monday, May 19, 2008

New hardware

Got a new computer over the weekend. I've been eyeballing the latest round of iMacs for a while, and they announced a hardware refresh a few weeks ago, so the time was right. This new one replaces my last iMac, which was nearly six years old.

The new one has a 24" monitor -- it's hard to know what to do with all the space, but game development will be a completely different experience. I see a lot less window switching in my future. I might actually be able to have the debugging console and the main Unity window open at the same time. Or maybe even have a programming window up along-side Unity. Oh, goody.

But...I don't have Unity loaded up quite yet. My license wouldn't work on the new machine for some reason (though it is supposed to), but I expect the problem will be worked out in the next day or so. That's really the last piece of the puzzle. Most of the other important software is in place and ready to go.

I'm working on a couple of concepts, trying to figure out what to develop next. Trying to find the right mix of interesting and possible. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment