This blog has moved. Visit Groundswell Games for the latest. Remember to update your bookmarks and RSS feeds.

Thursday, February 7, 2008

SPUDZOOKA update

Just a quick post tonight to give an update on SPUDZOOKA. I've gotten back into a bit of a groove this week and made some progress modeling the interchangeable components of the spud cannon.

Next week the plan is to finish up the modeling and start the process of texturing. First I need to map the UVs on all the components, and then I can play around with the textures. Texturing should be fun, though I'm still not very good at it. Thankfully PVC pipe generally isn't the most complicated object in terms of texture. Still, if I want to give the player any choices of color or paint job on their spud cannons, I'll need to play around with some different options. One paint style that seems hard to escape is camouflage, since that seems to fit well with game's the paramilitary overtones.

Once I finish modeling and texturing the cannon components, I'll need to program the cannon upgrade interface and be sure that the various cannon possibilities all behave appropriately when firing, etc. There are plenty of things left to do after that, but the main one will be designing a few basic levels so I can get some feedback from you.

So stay tuned. Things should come together pretty well in the next week or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment