This blog has moved. Visit Groundswell Games for the latest. Remember to update your bookmarks and RSS feeds.

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The holidaily grind

Ah, the holidays. Nothing is better for turning optimistic productivity into an overwhelming sense of "I accomplished nothing today." My blogging pace has suffered, as you might have noticed, at the arrival this funny thing we call December. It's a time when the routine balance between personal and professional inevitably tilts one way or the other -- and neither direction favors hobbies.

Nevertheless, I'm making some progress on my side project. Currently I'm working to model and texture the main environment for the game. Though this project is far less demanding on the artistic side, the work still has me looking at quite a long list of required assets. But today I found some good advice on art for indie games.

I programmed some of the basic mechanics for this project back in the summer when I first had the idea and was playing around with Unity, so once the main environment is finished, I'll be able to focus on level design and refining the gameplay. From there it's user interface and sound.

Yeah, there's still a lot to do, but this project is so compact compared to my main one that I might just have a chance of finishing. At this point I remain optimistic. More details to come -- as soon as I finish my shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment