This blog has moved. Visit Groundswell Games for the latest. Remember to update your bookmarks and RSS feeds.

Saturday, March 8, 2008

SPUDZOOKA play test!

I'm happy to announce today that my first play test of SPUDZOOKA is ready for your perusal and feedback, constructive or otherwise.

Please take a few minutes to play through the game and then write comments on this post about your experience. Feel free to comment on any part of the game, including:

  • Overall fun factor
  • Graphics/visuals
  • User interface
  • Cannon upgrade system (could you figure it out?)
  • Sound/music
  • Any bugs, funky stuff with playing the game in your browser
Since this is just a test version, I feel obligated to include a small disclaimer: While the gameplay is relatively complete, you will certainly encounter bugs, and there are probably some considerable balance issues with the various cannon components. In fact, there are several cannon combinations that don't even look physically possible. One final note -- the paint job portion of the cannon editor doesn't work yet.

Ok, without further ado, you can play SPUDZOOKA here!

(To play, you will need to install the Unity Web player, which can be downloaded free for Mac and Windows here.)

8 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! I loved it. No luck changing weapons or ammunition, but I made it to the end (I think) with $115. The 5 targets in 10 sec took me a long time (7-8) tries to master. The aiming and firing worked well. The warehouse setting was also fun. Can't wait for the next edition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah, definitely a time sink. Once I was able to buy some of the high power stuff, I didn't even bother with targets. Only thing I have an issue with is the targets. I can't see the targets until I go full-screen, and then they were still difficult to see. The gun editor took a few tries to figure out. It makes sense once I did figure it out, but it wasn't an immediate understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and the last few times I went through, the level with 3 moving targets - fast one in the middle - didn't end after I hit the last target. I was still given the success message at the end, but only after the timer ended.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The levels only end when you hit all the targets or the time runs out, so maybe there's a target in that level you didn't see...

    ReplyDelete
  5. SPUDZOOKA is here At last! I played it about 10 times. I think level 4 is the hardest one. It looks polished, and I spent some time shooting at boxes and stuff. I like how they react to the potatoes.

    Now on to the stuff that I think is worth reporting.

    WinXP SP2
    Firefox 2.0.0.12
    dual monitor

    Buying a new weapon and clicking to play the next level always crashes the browser. Tried 3 times, crashed 3 times.

    I don't see the issue on IE 7. So I got over it and started to play on IE7. I don't think you're supposed to fix that, but FYI.

    I think I saw what bbhollid said. In level 1-3, if you don't destroy them all, we're prompted to try again. Starting with level 4, however, the game will advance to the next level even if you don't get them all. I think the level with 3 moving targets has a red one on the opposite side of the room.

    I'm not sure if I'm switching between different barrels and chambers. I'm hitting tab & number keys but I don't see anything change. I want like a potato machine gun.

    Good demo!

    Dew

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok that Firefox issue happens at work, too. IE works fine. My home PC doesn't suck. That's good to know.

    I did manage to figure out how to buy AND use the upgrades. Those things are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Firefox 2.0.0.12 works just fine for me.

    ReplyDelete