This blog has moved. Visit Groundswell Games for the latest. Remember to update your bookmarks and RSS feeds.

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Glorious free textures

The bulk of my time this week has been spent texturing one of my models. It's not a very complex model (in fact, it's just a bunch of cylinders and cubes), but I'm trying to get everything perfect. The process has left me a bit numb in the brain. Nevertheless, I keep reminding myself that I am relatively new to the texturing process, and this is pretty much what I expected.

The tedium of this particular texture (which is clawing its way from the pits of mediocrity) compels me to comment on the special place in my heart that is now reserved for anyone who posts a library of free textures to the internet. I stumbled on Mayang's Free Textures today, which has quite a variety of images, though there is a 20-per-day limit on downloads (if that's the only restriction, I'll take it). I expect to be downloading several in the coming days as I start creating new textures for the ground in my forest. It doesn't seem quite right that the floor of a dense pine forest would be covered in lush, green grass.

So, today I would like to harness the power of the internet and suggest that both my readers write a letter to someone (doesn't matter who) requesting that Mayang be immortalized with knighthood, sainthood, statues, songs, honorary degrees and other suitable accolades for contributing his photographs to the greater good. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment