This blog has moved. Visit Groundswell Games for the latest. Remember to update your bookmarks and RSS feeds.

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Defending epic towers

Despite Unity's power as a game engine, not too many finished games have been created with it. Could have something to do with the "you have to have a Mac to develop games in Unity" thing. A new, very casual one was just released on shockwave.com: Epic Tower Defense. (Are we defending epic towers, or using towers to mount an epic defense? Hard to tell.)

The game doesn't really show off Unity's graphical chops, but it does have some nice user interface elements and a variety of different game modes. I found it while looking for something to write about and promptly spent half an hour playing. I think I might have blinked once or twice. Sometimes I wonder if I should shelve my epic story-based game and just create a casual one with "epic" in the title.

Anyway, aside from the easy bake oven ad that I had to watch before playing, it was pretty fun. Seriously, how many 8-year-old girls are going to play a game that involves zapping armies of orcs with lightning bolts?

No comments:

Post a Comment