This blog has moved. Visit Groundswell Games for the latest. Remember to update your bookmarks and RSS feeds.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Spore Creature Creator is here

I've been surprised the last couple of days just how excited I was about the Spore Creature Creator (released today). So I downloaded it the minute I got home from work, and I've been playing with it for hours. As expected, it's tons of fun. A stripped down version is available for free (you should definitely check it out), and you can get the full version, complete with hundreds of creature parts, for $9.99.

Unfortunately, the full version for Mac won't be available until tomorrow. Not sure why the delay, but I suppose I can handle it. If you're interested in how it works, there are thousands of videos and tutorials on YouTube (the creator allows you to post videos of your creations).

I'll avoid elaborating further (you can read a good overview here) and simply tell you again to go download at least the free version. All your creations can be made available to populate other players' universes when the full game comes out in September. For inspiration, check out a few of the creatures I've made today.


2 comments:

  1. OK, so I've been messing with the free version, and it seems I can only "save" two creatures; the older ones still count towards my total available, but they aren't there to select....

    Is that just me? And yes I know this is old, but perhaps your other readers will have some suggestions. :)

    - Brandon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you validated your Spore account? I had the same problem. One of my creatures disappeared and I couldn't ever get him to show up again (even though it counted against my total). It's some kind of bug, but the problem went away once I validated my Spore account. The one that disappeared never came back, but none have disappeared since.

    ReplyDelete